Digi.me is ISO27001 accredited which means our processes and systems meet the rigorous Government standards and are reassessed every year.
- User private key is generated on device only and not stored anywhere
- High entropy key derivation functions limit brute force attack viability
- Multiple devices may be enrolled for easy recovery
- Asymmetric and symmetric encryption are used to protect the account and data
- High integrity password vaults encrypted with market proven RSA function library, implemented as FIPS compliant 2048-bit, with OAEP padding
- File encryption via AES-256 by default with optional AES-128 for low-power devices
On API integrity
- APIs exposed to public internet access are secured via strict SSL connection requirements, firewall rules, certificate pinning and Swagger API definitions
- Transactional design limits potential for denial of service, spoofing and fuzzing attacks
On Cloud processing integrity
- All cloud processing is context-free and requires data access credentials from an authenticated user app via a secure connection request
- Personal data is never stored on any discs and all processing threads are destroyed when complete
You can take a security deep dive into digi.me here.
Creating an UBDI account takes less than a minute if you only want to participate in survey studies, which are more time intensive and often pay less. Data studies require you to download our partner app digi.me so you can have a private data vault that only you can access. Each new source can take 10 min - 2 hrs for it’s initial import depending how much data you have and your wifi connection. After that it’ll only have to import updated information when you enter studies and should let you earn with your data in seconds!
While blockchains are an incredible reliable means of recording transactions, their ability to cheaply, privately and securely store data is yet to be proven, with costs often exceeding $5/GB. We use proven technology with leading privacy expert, digi.me, to keep your data decentralized, protected, and in your complete control.
We are a new company that is currently focused in the US. We will soon be expanding to UK, Australia, and Japan. Other countries are welcome to participate in the studies eligible for all communities-- there just may be less studies for you in the near-term and our clients privately match with people from those areas.
We don’t see your data until you have chosen to consent to share in different studies so in order to delete your data head to digi.me >>> go to settings >>> delete library>>> POOF! Your privatematch tags are stored on your device so we can’t access them and they are not held on our servers to be deleted. You can delete your username and account with us by contacting support!
To logout head over to community icon in the lower right corner >> gear icon in upper right >> select logout!
Unless there is a critical issue app store releases happen every week or two, but codePushes to make your experience better happen almost everyday! We are flying with your feedback to improve our products on the go. Force quitting the app and re-launching will make sure you have the latest codepush but formal updates will have to be updated in your app store (if you don’t have automatic updates set in your phone settings).
1) App Store
First thing to do is check if you have the latest app version of both UBDI and digi.me in the app store or google play if you don’t have automatic updates on in your phone settings as we are updating our apps every few days as we learn from your feedback!
You can always check what version of the UBDI app you have by heading over to the community hub, clicking on settings in the upper right corner and viewing the bottom of the list. It will say the app version X and CodePush Version X.
CodePush happen over the air and allow us to work super speedy to address any critical issues instead of waiting a few days to push code! You can make sure you have the latest code push by simply force quitting your app and relaunching your UBDI app.
We know the 2- app system can be difficult, but it keeps you protected.
You can make an account very easily by entering a username & password. We’ll ask you provide a cell phone number for 2 Factor-Authentication. You can also login with Apple Login instantly.
Fear not! We will merge them manually for you! But we will need some information from you! Shake your phone in the UBDI app and click “Contact Support” to talk with our team.We’ll need your original username and your Apple ID so try to have them handy. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll take it from there!
Using Apple ID will not make all of your studies and money disappear BUT if you originally logged in with a username and now tried to use Apple ID to log in - a separate account was created that's unfortunately not connected. Fear not! We will merge them manually for you, but will need some information from you!
Shoot us your original username and your Apple ID (either by typing them or screenshots are fine too) to email@example.com or by shaking your phone, clicking “Contact Support”, and entering them into the chat box--we'll take it from there!
Digi.me allows you to link over over 15,000 sources into a secure data vault that only you have access to giving you complete control of your data. Once you've connected data sources like Facebook, Fitbit, and Spotify, you can privately and securely share this data with apps for financial management, dating, navigation, etc!
You’ll have seen a slider like this one! You can also check by going into digi.me>>> apps >> and you’ll see if you are sharing with UBDI in a tile like this.
There are 4 ways to link sources:
1) First time experience
3) Unlock study
4) Go into digi.me link all your apps and click the re-sync button at bottom of PrivateMatch
- Ask to check in digi.me if can click into tile
- If there is data there it is bug and we are gonna pass info onto digi.me to get it correct hang tight.
Notice how this tile from the digi.me app says 0 items. It is also un-clickable meaning I couldn’t enter within it to see all the data. If you can’t see the data within the tile then there is no data there and it’s likely digi.me is telling us that you have correctly linked a source but something has gone wrong in import. You can shake both our app or the digi.me app to report that you data is not coming in correctly.
In a mixed data + survey study we have you update digi.me prior to entering the survey as we can ping digi.me and tell them to get your data up to date in the background so you don’t have to wait as long. Once you swipe to consent, all you have to wait for is the data sync and analytics on device, which should only take a matter of seconds!
We are offering give a $1 get a $1 if your friends join UBDI and participate in a study. You can invite up to 25 people with this deal.
We pay our users with cash and UBDI points. Cash is a one and done deal while UBDI's point system tracks your contribution so that we can give you special rewards in the future as the community data grows & becomes more valuable. UBDI points are backed by revenue from companies.
We've partnered with Stripe to seamlessly and securely process all payments so linking finance in digi.me does not set up your payment method. By going into the wallet of our application you can manage how you'd like your money sent whether it be a debit card or a bank account and you can withdraw your earnings at any time. Withdrawals are currently only available in US and Canada. Other countries can earn money but cannot yet withdraw. We are working on it!
Global payouts are coming soon! By the end of the year, we expect to finish our KYC process and integrate with Hyperwallet, which will enable payouts in every country/currency. This includes popular payout methods like Paypal, and Venmo! Sadly, as much as we'd like to, we can't rush this process, which can take 4-6 weeks. Expect a notification when it's enabled! We sincerely appreciate your patience, and please keep an eye on UBDI's blog and Reddit for updates!
We use Stripe to process payouts to all our users. Here are a few tips to remember:
1. Enter your personal email and information
2. Use www.ubdi.com as the business website and select “Apps” under “Digital Products” as the industry
3. After your bank details are entered, we will automatically send payouts from Stripe to your bank account once daily
4. While there are no minimums for payouts, Stripe charges a fee of .25% + $.25 for every bank transfer, so you’ll pay less if you wait to withdraw from UBDI
5. If you’re using UBDI from somewhere outside of the US, you’ll need to wait for us to enable global payments at the end of the year before you can withdraw.